COVID-19 – Helping to keep you safe
After reviewing government guidance, we have put some special measures in place to help keep you safe from Coronavirus whilst still enjoying your activities.
- We will be maintaining social distancing from our customers with the exception of saving life and limb.
- All kit is now sterilised before and after each use.
- We have temporarily suspended our minibus transport and ask you to use your own vehicles for transport. We will provide sterilised waterproof seat covers to protect your car seats from any wet clothes.
- To help protect our site and facilities we would like customers to park on the main road through the village and walk down the short track to the centre.
- Sadly we will not be able to take you if you have presented any Coronavirus symptoms in the last 7 days or are showing any on the day of your booking
- We have introduced 2 year vouchers to compensate you in the event your booking is cancelled due to COVID-19
Ghyll Extreme with Keswick Extreme
We introduced Ghyll Extreme as a new activity in the Keswick outdoor scene when we realised there was no easy way for people to develop their Ghyll Scrambling beyond the standard session offered by outdoor centres.
Now widely mimicked by our contemporaries, Ghyll Extreme is becoming another Lakeland classic. Why not book today with the original Keswick Extreme – always breaking new ground and pushing the boundaries of the outdoor industry to new extreme levels!
Ghyll Extreme introduces you to Canyoning, navigate larger waterfalls and gorges using ropes to descend in to the dark uncharted depths of the Ghyll! Our experienced guides will kit you out with the latest safety gear before your expedition in to the whitewater gorge.
Accept no imitations
We were the first outdoor provider to introduce Ghyll Extreme in the area and thought it fitting to give it our Extreme name! The activity offers a little bit more adventure for those looking to take Ghyll Scrambling up a level.
Keswick Extreme are a well established and respected local firm with some of the best Ghyll Scrambling guides you will find.
The Adventure Centre
Our adventure centre is located on the shores of Derwentwater. We provide all the safety kit, advice and guidance you need to have a thrilling day in the mountains. Groups, Individuals and all experience levels can be catered for. See the bottom of this page for a google map showing our lake side location.
The Origins of Ghyll Extreme
Ghyll Extreme is essentially an off shoot of the Lake District pastime of Ghyll Scrambling. coupled with the more advanced techniques and rugged terrain found in Canyoning (see Canyoning on Wikipedia).
The Abraham Brothers, famous adventurers and photographers were renowned for a number of historic explorations and first ascents way back in the late 1800’s. The abrahams are thought to be the pioneers of ghyll Scrambling in this area. Read about them on Wikipedia